Hmmm… Twenty facts about me? This kind of question is always difficult to answer on the spot as everything I know about me suddenly turns into a blank page. I am an HR practitioner and my job includes interviewing job applicants. I usually ask them, “Tell me something about yourself that is not written here in your resume… something that’s interesting about you that you would like me to know.” And now that I am asked of the same question, I now understand why sometimes my interviewees take a lot of time to think about what they want to share. Oops!
The past few days, I have been thinking about what I will share and I still have not come up with a good list so I am randomly typing in right now any fact about me that I could think of.
- Japanese food. I have been craving for Japanese food since this morning. I love this cuisine especially Ramen, Sushi (California Maki is my favorite), Katsudon, Gyoza, Ebi Tempura, Chicken/Pork Karaage, name it! Before, the sight of these food made me cringe, but when my boyfriend introduced me to and made me try this cuisine, I loved it since then.
- I love chocolates, dark ones. A Kitkat dark chocolate is always a go-to purchase whenever I am craving for it. I also love ice cream. Any flavor will do as long as it’s ice creeeeeeaaaaam.
- I suffer from severe menstrual cramps every month and my only remedy (aside from hot compress and pain reliever – only when it is too painful) and comfort are dark chocolates and gummy bears.
- I love splurging on skin care and hair care (CGM) products. Whenever I have the money to splurge, I always go to Watson’s and purchase skin care products. Not that I have clear and beautiful skin, I just like how it feels to have a skin that is well taken care of. Also, I purchase a lot of hair care products because I have naturally stubborn curly hair. I just discovered the Curly Girl Method and I am trying my best to consistently follow it. Girls who are strictly following it makes me envious of how good their curls are. — This item gave me an idea to share my skin care and hair care routine, soon!
- This is a secret I have been keeping ever since. My childhood nickname is “Epew”. I entirely blame my elder brother for giving me this nickname because when he was around 1 or 2 years old, he cannot pronounce my real name (Jennifer) right and said “Epew” instead. Haha. I only started revealing this after I graduated college – when I was mature enough to face this truth. But only those who are close to me can call me this nickname. Just because. If you call me Epew, I could hate you all I want. Hahaha!
- The one item I always bring with me when I go out (aside from money and phone) is an umbrella. It is a habit since grade school. I guess this is because my mom let me get used to it. (I got it from my momma!) She always tells me you will never know when the sun strikes hot or when the rain pours.
- I love collecting notebooks and colored pens. I believe they are my prized collection.
- The first job I wanted as a kid was to become a dentist. It was because my parents always bring us to the dentist and I admire the dentist so much, I wanted to be like her. What made me like her were the treats she gave after being so behave during check-ups.
- There is always a story your barkada speaks of you. Mine in particular is when I once fell off a tricycle. We were on our way to my best friend’s house after we were done with our research from the City Library. I was seated at the back of the tricycle, eating Nova (snack food) while having a conversation with my friend when suddenly, the driver drove past a broken part of the road (with a puddle of water) which made all of us lose control and I went straight to and literally lied down the puddle of water. I was stunned for a few seconds and cried so hard; I did not know what to do. I did not cry because I was hurt but because I knew my mom would scold me. Years after that incident, my friends always tease me for falling down a sikad. Hahahaha no hard feelings though. For me, it is always actually a funny thing to recall.
- I do not know how to swim. Again, I lied to a lot of friends before that I knew how to swim. Sorry! But honestly, I love going to the beach, snorkel, island hopping, among others – as long as there is a life vest and someone near me willing to assist and pull me anytime, I am okay.
- My favorite color is blue – all shades.